To get started carry out the following:
1. When you first log in you will be asked for your latest bank/cash position. This is required to give the forecast a starting point of what your cash position is now. If you do not have it close by you can close this pop up box, continue then add it in the next time you log in. Alternatively, you can go to the Analysis section and add it there (End of Period Actual Cash Position - yellow row).
2. Go to Set-up then Settings and select:
3. Go to Set-up, Accounts then Cash In and click Create New. For each Cash In Heading, add your new Cash In title, a start date and save. Your new entries will now appear in the Cash In section. If you have a particular order you wish your headings to appear then change to the order you wish and save. Optionally, if you have a definite end date then add that date, this will stop values being added after that date and it will also ensure that if you are viewing out with the date range you specified that heading will not show, keeping your Cashflow Forecasting easy to read and focused on current activity.
4. Repeat 3 above for Cash Out.
5. Now go to both your Cash In and Cash Out Section Add your forecast values by clicking any forecast box, when the pop up appears just add the value/s as required. Note: for quick data entry, if it is a regular repeat Cash In or Cash Out entry then use the repeat frequency function and the number of transactions, e.g. repeat monthly for 36 months.
Congratulations, your Simply Cashflow is now operational.
Note: To have a functional Cashflow Forecasting tool, that is, one that you can start using right away - you do not need to use the Actual columns (in the Cash In/Cash Out sections) or use the 'What if' Cash In/'What if' Cash Out sections. These bring great benefits but are in addition to the basic functionality of Simply Cashflow.
Further details of how to get started and how to get the best out of Simply Cashflow view the video demos or view the guide section in the application.